PCB successfully added to your shopping cart
Via in pad
With the increasing trend of miniaturization of electronic products and applications of finer pitch devices, vias become extremely popular since they are an effective solution responsible for electrical connection between traces from different layers in a printed circuit board. Vias can be classified into three main types: Through-hole Vias, Blind Vias and Buried Vias, each of which implements different attributes and functions contributing to the overall optimal performance of PCBs or even electronic products.
Via-in-pad (VIP) technology basically refers to the technology by which via is placed directly beneath component contact pad, especially BGA pad with finer pitch array packages. In other words, VIP technology leads to vias plated or hidden under BGA pad, requiring that PCB manufacturer should plug via with resin prior to carrying out copper plating on the via to make it invisible.
Compared with blind vias and buried vias, VIP technology features more merits:
• Fit for fine pitch BGAs;
• Leading to higher density of PCBs and promoting space saving;
• Performing better in thermal management, beneficial for heat dissipation;
• Defeating constraints of high-speed designs such as low inductance;
• Sharing a flat surface with component attachment;
• Making PCB footprints smaller and routing further and better;
PCBCart Manufactures Custom PCBs with Via in Pad
In accordance with PCBCart's circuit board manufacturing capabilities and equipment, here is a table showing our requirement for vias in pad.
|Value Type||Min. Diameter||Min. Pad||Min. Solder Mask Opening||Min. Soldering Bridge|
Owing to those advantages, via in pad is widely applied in small-scale PCBs, especially those requiring limited space for BGAs and focusing on heat transferring and high-speed designs. Although blind vias and buried vias are beneficial for density improvement and PCB real estate saving, as far as heat management and high-speed design elements are concerned, via in pad is still the best choice. With cost considered, different projects lead to different cost. So if vias are involved in your project and you fail to pick up which type, reach our engineers for an optimal solution.
Currently, PCBCart can manufacture vias whose aspect ratio is 10:1 for through-hole vias and 1:1 for blind/buried vias and we are consistently making improvement every day. For more detailed information about via/via-in-pad technology, please let us know by sending a message here. We will reply shortly.
In the meanwhile, you can get production price of your PCBs with buried vias, blind vias and via in pad within seconds using our online PCB price calculator. Just click the following button to enter calculation page, input circuit spec, click Additional Options and check Buried/Blind vias or Via in pad option, the price will be automatically showed up in the right column.
• Blind vias and buried vias
• Pre-order File Checklist
• PCB Design Tips to Better Take Advantage of PCBCart's Capabilities And Save Cost
• Step-by-step Instruction On Getting Bare Board PCB Price Within Seconds
• How to Design Blind/Buried Vias in High-Speed Digital Circuits
• 3 Important Elements You Don't Know about Buried and Blind Via in HDI Flex-rigid PCBs
• Failure Analysis on Blind Via for Empty Cave in PCB Filling Copper Plating